You are here
Do you want to give a boost to your career by joining one the fastest growing players in the cyber-security eco-system? Do you want to strengthen your experience by performing stimulating consulting missions and highly-secure development projects? We are always hiring new colleagues and in 2019 we have grown by opening up a new office in Antwerp. You could become one of them! Interested? Please send your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org .
In the context of our fast‑growing company, we are looking for a SOC Analyst to integrate our Cyber‑Security practice. You will take part in stimulating consulting assignments and secure development projects and your main tasks will consist of:
- Define and submit security configuration and operations standards for security systems and applications, including policy assessment and compliance tools.
- Develop and propose baseline security configurations for operating systems, applications, networking and communications equipment.
- Define and propose detailed security architecture.
- Design and implement technical security mechanisms and technologies.
- Perform technical security audits.
- Perform log analysis and security monitoring.
Your role will consist of several activities, among which:
- Develop your competencies and level of expertise by a continuous and ongoing progression and active participation in training sessions
- Acquire the fundamentals of the consulting role in regard to analytical capacity, ability to see the overall picture, both written and oral expression.
- You are recognised by the client as being professional in your own area of expertise.
- Demonstrate your capability to work in a team and portray a positive attitude.
- Respect the confidentiality of both client and company information.
- You are recognised as being trustworthy by your project leader or client: precision of information, respect of the commitments, quality of the work, respect the deadlines, adequate reporting, ...
- Capitalise on the experience acquired within the Practice.
- Utilise or learn the tools or methodologies of the Practice and actively contribute to the development of these tools and methodologies.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- At least a Bachelor degree in IT
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in IT Security
- Advanced knowledge in following domains is required:
- Security best practice references like ISO 27001/27002, NIST, etc.
- Security risk management methods and tools like EAR/PILAR, CRAMM or EBIOS.
- Good practice in the secure configuration of servers, network devices and applications.
- Networking protocols and application communications.
- Network analysis tools.
- Linux and Windows operating Systems hardening.
- Middleware and applications hardening.
- Vulnerability assessments.
- Good knowledge of the following security technologies is required:
- SIEM, Firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, security information and event management, identity and access management, Advanced Persistent Threat detection, data loss prevention, vulnerability analysis and mitigation, Public Key Infrastructure, mobile security, communications and data encryption, remote access methods, backup and disaster recovery methodologies, wireless protocols and services.
One or more of the following qualifications would be an asset:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional with Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (CISSP‑ISSAP).
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)
- Organized and self‑driven
- Strong listening skills
- Fully autonomous: able to prioritize activities, plan and execute
- Pro‑active / curious
- Excellent communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Uncompromising integrity
To well‑qualified and motivated candidates, we offer:
- An opportunity to develop functional and technical skills and expertise in an area of specialization such as secure development, software security, etc.
- A unique chance to be a real active part in the development of a successful company (entrepreneurial mind‑set)
- A positive challenge in a professional but still human and dynamic business environment
- An attractive and performance‑rewarding compensation package, including maximum benefit possibilities
- The advantages of a relatively small structure in terms of direct communication, flexibility, dynamism and fast decision‑making, combined with the financial strength and stability of larger structures, active worldwide, thanks to our solid shareholders' base
- Our headquarters is located in a traffic jam free zone: AXIS PARC next to Louvain‑la‑Neuve, in an innovative and green Business Centre with all facilities: restaurants, fitness, nursery, etc.
- Our office in Antwerp is located in the city centre, next to the Museum aan de stroom, with a fine view over the River Scheldt.
Our people & practices
Our team is composed of 60+ certified professionals. We continuously invest in our talents and develop the skills of our people. Our people use the best technologies to be even more effective.
At Approach, we organize and share our expertise and knowledge per communities. Depending on your profile, you will contribute to one or several “Practices”: Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC), Cyber‑Security and Secure Delivery.
Learn more about our expertise and people.