You are here
Do you want to give a boost to your career and join a Belgian leader in cybersecurity?
Our team is expanding, and we are looking for new colleagues to strengthen our teams.
Approach is a specialized cybersecurity company. We build digital trust in your business.
Leveraging a large pool of certified professionals, we strengthen your cybersecurity and resilience posture by adopting a risk-based and layered security strategy.
Consulting, assessment, software development, security product integration, and managed services are part of our daily work.
Our anchoring in the cybersecurity community, with our partners, makes us a leading partner of choice.
Founded in 2001, Approach is growing fast and counts 80 people across two locations in Belgium.
To join our cybersecurity department, we are looking for a SOC analyst.
You will take part in stimulating assignments and your missions will consist of:
- Be an integral part of our Managed Detection and Response solution for our customers
- Incident handling and coordination (L1/L2 security incident response)
- Analyze the root cause of a security breach
- Give advice on preventive and mitigating security measures
- Determine appropriate security monitoring needs for organizations of all sizes
- Develop methods to handle billions of logs from many disparate data sources
- Perform log analysis
- Monitor security events, alerts and triage
- Assist with security investigations or audits
- Document security incidents for a security response plan
- Writing security advisories and alerts
- Pro-actively look for indication of compromise and perform threat hunting
- Continuously improve our SOC processes by providing feedback and lessons learned
- You will report to the technical lead
By joining this team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop your cyber detect and response competencies, as well as your overall level of cyber security expertise by a continuous and ongoing progression and active participation in training sessions
- Operate and contribute to continuous improvement of a SIEM solution
- Gain knowledge of integrating threat intelligence into SIEM for enhanced incident detection and response.
- Further develop your analyst, services and consulting role, especially regarding analytical capacity
- Develop your ability to see the overall picture, both written and oral expression.
- You will be recognized by the client as being professional in your own area of expertise.
- Demonstrate your capability to work in a team and portray a positive attitude.
- Respect the confidentiality of both client and company information.
- You are recognized as being trustworthy by your project leader or client: precision of information, respect of the commitments, quality of the work, respect the deadlines, adequate reporting, ...
- Capitalize on the experience acquired within the Practice.
- Utilize or learn the tools or methodologies of the Practice and actively contribute to the development of these tools and methodologies.
- At least a Bachelor degree in IT
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in IT Security
Advanced knowledge in following domains is required:
- Knowledge of threats and risks in regard to cyber security, and possible countermeasures
- Networking protocols and application communications.
- Cloud services, models and architecture
- Basic knowledge of IT management processes
- Incident Response
- Network analysis
- Vulnerability assessments
- Threat Intelligence
- API development is a plus
Good knowledge of the following security technologies is required:
- Proven experience with a SIEM product (Sentinel, ElasticSearch, Splunk, Exabeam, QRadar, ArcSight, ...)
- Prevention, detection and response tools (Microsoft Defender, Crowdstrike, TrendMicro, Vectra, DarkTrace, ...)
- Knowledge of firewalls, antivirus and ID/PS concepts
- Log analytics
Written and verbal communication skills as well as ability to work in a team (including virtual) is an essential key success factor for this role
Considered as a plus:
- SANS certifications: GCIH, GCDA, GDAT, GMON, GOSI, GCTI, GNFA, GCFA
- EC Council certification: CSA, CTIA, CHFI, ECIH
- Experience gained by working inside a CSIRT/CERT or SOC (Having followed a TRANSITS course is considered as a plus)
- Microsoft AZ-500 series, MS-500 series certifications
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional with Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (CISSP-ISSAP).
Why join us?
The best moment to join us
By joining APPROACH, you will have the advantages of working in a human-scale company in terms of direct communication, dynamism, and fast decision-making, combined with global structures' financial strength and stability.
Our unique projects
This context will allow you to work on the most innovative and challenging projects. As an example, amongst many others, we are very proud to be a major actor in the development of the “Itsme©” mobile app, the new Belgian mobile ID to log in securely, to share your ID data, or to sign by using your mobile phone.
A leader in the cybersecurity
The diversity of our customer base ranges allows us to offer our consultants' multiple projects according to their background, goals, and interests. Our sustainable growth and our leading position also offer great internal career opportunities.
A Competence Centre of excellence: our training and certifications
And last but not least, you will be a member of our competence center in cybersecurity. At APPROACH, we don't view certifications as a marketing artefact. We are continuously investing in our talents and developing the skills of our people. Our consultants are all certified professionals who aim to build their knowledge continuously.
APPROACH has two locations:
- AXIS PARC (Louvain-la-Neuve) features a conference center and a wide range of amenities: restaurants, fitness center, childcare nursery ... And is located in a traffic jam zone free!
- Our Antwerp's office is in the city center, next to the Museum aan de stroom, with a fine view of the River Scheldt.
We offer an attractive and performance-rewarding compensation package, including maximum benefit possibilities and a company car to every employee.
How to apply
Interested? Please send your CV or contact details to email@example.com, and we will get back to you within seven working days.
Do not hesitate to apply spontaneously or to contact us. We are happy to grab a coffee to discuss your career goals and APPROACH.