You are here
Prevention doesn't stop threats
Traditional Intrusion Detection and Prevention Solutions (IDPS) are outdated and ineffective in today’s threat landscape. A signature-based threat detection is a strong solution for known threats but falls short for unknown threats.
- IDPS technologies are very noisy (too many alerts), they cannot pick-up unknown attacks, and are difficult to maintain. IDPS rules and signatures require constant updates and tuning.
- Attackers get in through phishing most of the time and avoid your IDPS-system completely on the edge of your perimeter.
- IDPS suffer from a lack of integration capabilities with other security tools, especially for security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR)
- Furthermore, the move to the cloud makes it even harder to have visibility and control over your hybrid environment. This situation requires new ways of detecting malicious behaviour in both on-premise and cloud infrastructures.
It is high time to replace your aging IDPS to detect and respond to real attacks effectively. New network-based technologies enable security professionals to obtain quick threat visibility across an entire environment without using agents.
Approach has partnered with Vectra AI Inc. which provides a best-in-class Network Detection & Response (NDR) solution that is future-proof and meets today’s security requirements. Together with our unique experience, Vectra AI’s easy to implement NDR solution along fills the gap between your perimeter and your endpoints. Cognito®, with its AI-powered cyberattack detection capabilities, is the ideal replacement for today’s IDS products that cannot block contemporary cyberattacks nor detect hidden attacker behaviour inside your network.
This NDR is easy to integrate and enriches your existing cyber defence capabilities such as firewalls, EDR, SIEM, and security orchestration while embracing the Cloud. Vectra’s open and comprehensive API allows for even further integration with other tools, automation and analysis. Third-party threat intelligence with local and industry-specific indicators of compromise (IoC) can be imported through STIX files. Gartner emphasizes the use of NDR as part of the SOC visibility triad which comprises EDR, NDR and SIEM.
How we can help
Our security architects and strategists will advise you about the solution best adapted to your environment, by conducting an assessment of your current posture as well as your business context with recommendations for setting up detection and response capabilities. This mission consists a short term consultancy engagement.
Your organization wants to set up NDR capabilities. Our Vectra certified engineers and project managers can help you design, implement, and integrate network detection and response solution into your business. This mission will be delivered as a project with deliverables, planning, milestones and acceptance criteria.
If your organization wants to outsource NDR services to a reliable cyber security expert, Approach is the right partner for you. Approach can leverage its SOC to monitor events, take corrective actions and perform regular configuration updates to ensure maximum and continuous defense capabilities aligned with business evolutions.
Why partner with Approach?
Take advantage of our unique cyber security expertise combined with best-in-class solutions to face the increasing risks efficiently.
- Meaningful AI plus threat intel to detect attacker behaviour and respond to high-fidelity detections. No more noise.
- Agentless coverage for IaaS, SaaS, Data Centres, IoT and OT that detect known and unknown attacks. No more blind spots.
- Automated incident response supports regulatory compliance mandates. No more tuning and tweaking signatures and rules.
- Strong expertise thanks to our certified security experts, SOC analysts and Subject Matter Experts.
- Approach invests continuously in research, development and training through our cyberlab where NDR solutions are integrated with other components such as Microsoft Sentinel and Defender for Endpoint. This provides a unique opportunity to create outstanding know-how
- Our risk based multi-layered approach to cybersecurity
- Our integrated solution that brings together our expertise with best-in-class solutions like Vectra AI Cognito ®
Approach, your cyber security partner
NewsSee all publications
Vectra partnership announcement
Enhancing your cyber defense capabilities with our full managed Network Detection...
Improve your defense capabilities with OSINT - white paper
Get concrete applications from our pentesters to limit your attack surface by...
How to deal with phishing? Download our cyber security story
Throughout our story, we will share advices and show how human can...