You are here
Junior Cyber Security Consultant
Do you want to boost your skills and join the Belgian leader in cybersecurity?
We are looking for new talents!
Do you recognise yourself below? Don’t wait and apply! We will get back to you within seven working days.
Founded in 2001, Approach is the Belgian leader in Cybersecurity, held by a world-renowned shareholder, building trust for businesses in the digital world. Leveraging a large pool of certified professionals in GRC, Cybersecurity and development, we strengthen businesses’ cybersecurity and resilience posture by adopting a risk-based and layered security strategy.
Our customer base’s diversity offers our consultants a unique opportunity to work on multiple innovative and challenging projects with cutting-edge technologies and tools according to their background and interests.
Our fast sustainable growth, our leading position and international ambition also offer great internal career opportunities driven by our practice leaders and career counsellors.
Join Approach and you will become a member of our Cybersecurity competence centre. At Approach, we don't view certifications as a marketing artefact. We are always investing in our talents, offering training and coaching them to develop their skills. Our people are all certified professionals who aim to build their knowledge continuously.
By joining Approach, you will also have the advantages of working in a human-scale company where each individual makes the difference in a healthy and pleasant atmosphere. Our team counts 80 people and promotes excellence, close collaboration through regular team meetings, direct communication and feedback, dynamism, and fast decision-making.
Our offices are located in Louvain-la-Neuve and the city centre of Antwerp, offering you a job next door with either a wide range of amenities (restaurants, fitness centre, childcare nursery…) in a traffic jam free zone or a great view of the Scheldt river.
We are looking for a Junior Cybersecurity Consultant to join our team. As a junior consultant, you will learn the cybersecurity fundamentals in a supportive environment and acquire solid skills to grow into pentesting, cloud security, SOC analysis, vulnerability management, or IAM (identity and Access Mgt) according to your ambitions.
Through your academic journey and internships, you acquired technical knowledge in the following fields:
- Network principles including routing/switching protocols and network services (DNS, DHCP, ..)
- Network security: a general understanding of protocols such as TLS, SSH, Radius, Firewalls, DMZ, intrusion detection concepts
- Operating systems: Linux (preferably Kali), Microsoft OS, VMWare
- Cloud technologies:
- General understanding of cloud technologies and different type of clouds (Iaas, PaaS, SaaS)
- Container and Containerization
- Understanding of Active Directory and NTFS
- Fluent in Dutch and/or French AND English
Considered as a plus:
- Knowledge of Security tools such as Openvas, Tcpdump, Nmap, Nessus, Mimikatz, Snort, Aap, ..
- Development skills:
- Global understanding of IT development landscape
- Python and or scripting in PowerShell
- Any experience with the following solution: SIEM, EDR, NDR, Elasticsearch, Splunk, Microsoft defender, ...
- Any knowledge of the following frameworks: ISO27001, CIS TOP 20,and benchmark, OWASP top 10, NIST, ..
- AI and machine learning concept
- IoT (internet of things)
You are by nature:
- curious, eager to learn new things
- a real team player
We offer you
An attractive and performance-rewarding compensation package
Don’t wait and send us your application to email@example.com. We will get back to you within seven working days!