You are here
Building Highly Secure Apps within our Secure Software Factory
You are a java developer and you are curious to know more about cyber security but you never had the chance before? You already had the opportunity to embrace the cyber security world and you really enjoyed it?
We are a human-scale leading cyber security company providing all the necessary support to our community to grow and we have projects requiring all level of experience in secure development.
Interested? Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you within 7 working days.
Today’s organizations are exposed to a broad spectrum of cyber threats and sophisticated attacks. They need to be well prepared to protect their critical information and assets while retaining their ability to innovate and grow.
APPROACH is a leading provider of cyber security consulting and secure application development services in Belgium. We are uniquely positioned to offer the complete value proposition in security thanks to our three departments: “Governance, Risk & Compliance” (GRC), Cyber Security and Secure Delivery.
Our team includes more than 70 employees and partners whose engagement offers our customers a superior and secure experience. In 2018, APPROACH has continued its growing path and has generated a revenue of €7.1M
We are looking for Java Developers to integrate our Secure Delivery Department. Why Approach? Because we are pioneers in the projects that we offer. Our projects have a high visibility, require an eagerness to learn and to love being challenged every day. For example, we are developing internally the digital identification solutions “itsme”.
But most importantly, you will join a dynamic and very well-balanced team about 10 java software engineers in our office in Louvain-la-Neuve (#noTrafficJam #freeParking). You will feel a great atmosphere where people are really ready to look after each other.
As a Java Developer, you will take part in stimulating consulting assignments and secure development projects and your main tasks will consist of:
- Being a key player in the development of complex IT projects.
- Developing high quality secure software, assuring the highest possible stability, performance, readability and maintainability.
- Overseeing technical analysis, development, test, documentation and maintenance of new applications.
- Developing your competencies and level of expertise by a continuous and ongoing progression and active participation in training sessions.
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop functional and technical skills and expertise in an area of specialization such as secure development, software security, etc.
- Acquire the fundamentals of the consulting role in regard to analytical capacity, ability to see the overall picture, both written and oral expression.
- Utilise or learn the tools or metholodologies of the Practice and actively contribute to the development of these tools and methodologies.
- Have a unique chance to be a real active part in the development of a successful company (entrepreneurial mind-set).
- A positive challenge in a professional but still human and dynamic business environment.
- A flexibility in your role with the possibility to be involved in almost every aspect of the project, from the development of the app to his architecture.
You have :
- At least 2 years of work experience in Java/JEE software development is a must
- Familiarity with SOA and/or micro services architecture
- Good knowledge of SOAP and REST APIs
- Strong self-motivator and entrepreneurial pro-active attitude
- Adaptive, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good inter-personal contacts and team player. Indeed, we are a team of 7 software engineers working closely together and we have many contacts with customers.
- Preferably FR-EN or NL-EN
Considered as a plus :
- A first experience with IT Security concepts such as Federated Identity (SAML, OAuth, digital signature, OpenID) and application security is a big plus
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Spring
- Knowledge of cryptography (PKI)
- Experience in an Agile project
We offer an attractive and performance-rewarding compensation package, including maximum benefit possibilities and a company car to every employee.
APPROACH has two locations :
- AXIS PARC (Louvain-la-Neuve) features a conference centre and a wide range of amenities: restaurants, fitness centre, childcare nursery ... And is located in a traffic jam zone free !
- Our office in Antwerp is in the city centre, next to the Museum aan de stroom, with a fine view over the River Scheldt.
In those two locations, we perform our trainings and we work on our internal projects. When needed, our experts also work directly at our client to support them onsite. In this context, we cover the whole country with projects in Walloon Brabant, Liège, Namur, Brussels, Flemish Brabant, Antwerp, Ghent, Leuven and many other places in Belgium.
Therefore, should you be interested by external assignments, we will do our best so you can join one of our teams based in your preferred location.
Why joining us
By joining APPROACH, you will have the advantages of working in a human-scale company in terms of direct communication, dynamism and fast decision-making, combined with the financial strength and stability of global structures.
Our unique projects
This context will give you the opportunity to work on the most innovative and challenging projects. As an example, amongst many others, we are very proud to be a major actor in the development of the “Itsme©” mobile app, the new Belgian mobile ID to log in securely, to share your ID data or to sign by using your mobile phone.
A leader in the cyber security
The diversity of our customer base ranges gives us the opportunity to offer to our consultants multiple projects in accordance with their background, goals and interests. Our sustainable growth and our leading position also offer great internal career opportunities.
A Competence Centre of excellence: our trainings and certifications
And last but not least, you will be a member of our competence centre in cyber security. At APPROACH, we don't view certifications as a marketing artefact. We are continuously investing in our talents and developing the skills of our people. Our consultants are all certified professionals who aim to continuously develop their knowledge.
How to apply
Interested? Please send your CV or contact details to email@example.com and we will get back to you within 7 working days.
Do not hesitate to apply spontaneously or to contact us. We are happy to grab a coffee just to discuss about your career goals and APPROACH.