You are here
Do you want to boost your skills and join the Belgian leader in cybersecurity?
We are looking for new talents!
Do you recognise yourself below? Don’t wait and apply! We will get back to you within seven working days.
Founded in 2001, Approach is the Belgian leader in Cybersecurity, held by a world-renowned shareholder, building trust for businesses in the digital world. Leveraging a large pool of certified professionals in GRC, Cybersecurity and development, we strengthen businesses’ cybersecurity and resilience posture by adopting a risk-based and layered security strategy.
Our customer base’s diversity offers our consultants a unique opportunity to work on multiple innovative and challenging projects with cutting-edge technologies and tools according to their background and interests.
Our fast sustainable growth, our leading position and international ambition also offer great internal career opportunities driven by our practice leaders and career counsellors.
Join Approach and you will become a member of our Cybersecurity competence centre. At Approach, we don't view certifications as a marketing artefact. We are always investing in our talents, offering training and coaching them to develop their skills. Our people are all certified professionals who aim to build their knowledge continuously.
By joining Approach, you will also have the advantages of working in a human-scale company where each individual makes the difference in a healthy and pleasant atmosphere. Our team counts 80 people and promotes excellence, close collaboration through regular team meetings, direct communication and feedback, dynamism, and fast decision-making.
Our offices are located in Louvain-la-Neuve and the city centre of Antwerp, offering you a job next door with either a wide range of amenities (restaurants, fitness centre, childcare nursery…) in a traffic jam free zone or a great view of the Scheldt river.
We are looking for a Java Developer to integrate our Secure Delivery Department and to join the “Itsme” adventure.
You will take part in stimulating consulting assignments and secure development projects and your main tasks will consist of:
- Being a key player in the development of complex IT projects.
- Developing high quality secure software, assuring the highest possible stability, performance, readability and maintainability.
- Overseeing technical analysis, development, test, documentation and maintenance of new applications.
- Developing your competencies and level of expertise by a continuous and ongoing progression and active participation in training sessions
The project Itsme is a very challenging project with a high visibility, requiring an eagerness to learn and to love being challenged every day. You will join a dynamic and very well-balanced team of 7 software engineers in our office in Louvain-la-Neuve.
By joining this project, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop functional and technical skills and expertise in an area of specialization such as secure development, software security, etc.
- Acquire the fundamentals of the consulting role regarding analytical capacity, ability to see the overall picture, both written and oral expression.
- Utilise or learn the tools or methodologies of the Practice and actively contribute to the development of these tools and methodologies.
- Have a unique chance to be a real active part in the development of a successful company (entrepreneurial mind-set)
- A positive challenge in a professional but still human and dynamic business environment
- A flexibility in your role with the possibility to be involved in almost every aspect of the project, from the development of the app to its architecture.
- At least 2 years of work experience in Java/JEE software development is a must
- Familiarity with SOA and/or micro services architecture
- Good knowledge of SOAP and REST APIs
- Strong self-motivator and entrepreneurial pro-active attitude
- Adaptive, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good inter-personal contacts and team player. Indeed, we are a team of 7 software engineers working closely together and we have many contacts with customers.
- Preferably FR-EN or NL-EN
Considered as a plus:
- A first experience with IT Security concepts such as Federated Identity (SAML, OAuth, digital signature, OpenID) and application security is a big plus
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Spring
- Knowledge of cryptography (PKI)
- Experience in an Agile project
We offer you
An attractive and performance-rewarding compensation package
Don’t wait and send us your application to email@example.com. We will get back to you within seven working days!