You are here
Comply with the GDPR by following our proven approach
The GDPR: an opportunity to review your approach to data protection and compliance management
Our response to the GDPR is quite simple: it’s a regulation which most companies have to comply with. The Data Protection Authority will verify your compliance by checking wether your organization has implemented the organizational and technical measures required in order to ensure that personal data is protected. In other words, you need a certifiable management system. This is very similar to any other existing management systems such as for quality (ISO9000) or information security (ISO27001), except that it applies to the right and freedom of citizens.
A well-designed Data Protection Management Program will consequently:
- help you to improve the quality of your governance processes
- boost your resilience to unexpected negative events.
- ease the adoption of newly and continuously evolving standards and regulations
- enable your transformation goals towards digitalization
This will be achieved by implementing Privacy by Design into your processes.
Where are you in your GDPR journey?
- You need to evaluate your compliance situation
- You need to achieve the compliance requirements
- You need to consolidate your daily operations to stay compliant
Check below our suggested calls to action and our supporting services.
Approach can support your organization in every steps, depending on your needs and your compliance journey:
- ASSESS your compliance
- IMPLEMENT your compliance program
- OPERATE your compliance program
- Manage and Govern with :
- Integrate additional services such as :
Our proven and structured approach to the GDPR is four‑fold
The biggest challenge for achieving GDPR compliance resides in your ability to coordinate various activities. This requires a broad spectrum of different skills sets, each evolving at different pace.
Our GDPR Compliance methodology, integrated into proper governance for data privacy, will effectively enhance your organisation and enable it to demonstrate accountability and transparency.
Why Approach for the GDPR?
Team of certified and experienced professionals in data protection:
- Our consultants are certified from recognized institute such as PECB, Solvay Brussels School, ISACA or ITGovernance
- All consultants have real data protection management experience in public, private sectors and large organizations or SME
Pragmatic, opportunistic and aligned with your sourcing strategy:
- Our objective is to make your organization as autonomous as possible
- We strive to implement quick-wins that deliver immediate value to your business
- We help you managing your budget and sourcing strategy with agile and flexible service offering
- We don’t re-invent the wheel. We’ll always look for ways to plug data protection requirements into your existing processes.
- Approach developed a set of pre-defined templates, tools, methodologies and processes that can easily be adapted to your business
- We also work with partners such as IntegrityGRC to operationalize the management of some key GRC functions (risk, document, workflows, ..)
Security and Governance expertise:
- With Approach, you work with professionals in Cyber Security and information Security governance.
- We bring along expertise in breach response, application security, pen testing, infrastructure security, ..
Approach is also aware that the GDPR encompasses legal issues for which clients also may need advice. To meet this concern, Approach is partnering with law firms, which specialise in ICT and Data Privacy concerns.
"Approach helped us to define a very clear and structures roadmap for implementing our GDPR compliance programme. Approach came up with a pragmatic and straightforward methodology covering the full spectrum of the GDPR, complete with a properly controlled budget and timeline". Michel Ziegelshiffer, Risk and Compliance Director Volkswagen D'Ieteren Finance
“Edenred takes privacy of its customers and employees very seriously. In Approach we found an ideal partner to help us assess our maturity level against the General Data Protection Regulation, establish and drive a roadmap with the objective to meet our compliance obligations.” Koen Reyniers, COO BENELUX EDENRED
Publications & events
Namur Expo (1 day )
Approach at ICT Infrastructure Namur
Meet us during ICT Infrastructure Exhibition on May 31st.
Published on 06 March 2018
Why compliance monitoring is critical for your business?
With regulatory requirements continuously increasing, compliance and risk management should be a business process for all organisations.
Published on 28 September 2017
Europe actively looking at Data Protection
Read the interview of Laurent Deheyer and Michaël Raison in the Info Enterprendre magazine
Brussels Expo (2 days)
Approach at Infosecurity
Meet our experts to discuss about your cyber-security challenges and attend our session "the advent of mobile digital identity" at...
Published on 14 December 2017
Our approach and services to GDPR - brochure
Make sure you comply with the new GDPR by using our proven methodology! Download our brochure to learn more.
Published on 14 December 2017
Approach service offering and mission - brochure
We enable our customers to succeed by delivering state‑of‑the‑art solutions to cyber‑security challenges.