You are here
Do you want to give a boost to your career by joining one the fastest growing players in the cyber-security eco-system? Do you want to strengthen your experience by performing stimulating consulting missions and highly-secure development projects? We are always hiring new colleagues and in 2019 we have grown by opening up a new office in Antwerp. You could become one of them! Interested? Please send your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org .
In the context of our fast-growing company, we are looking for a GDPR Consultant to integrate our GRC practice. You will take part in stimulating consulting assignments and your main tasks will consist of:
- Representing Approach and delivering high standard quality deliverables
- Bring high value consulting solutions to customers in the area of GDPR (evaluate the data protection and information security status of customers, set up project roadmaps, assist with compliancy & awareness, advising role towards future investments, Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA), explain privacy by design and build on this, construction of an incident response plan, …)
Your role will also consist of several activities, among which:
- Actively participating in the development of the GRC solution offering
- Developing or improving GRC assets and contributing to the writing of resources and whitepapers
- Sharing knowledge and actively contributing to GRC team meetings
- Bringing a positive and “can do” attitude and energy to the team
Your role will consist of several activities, among which:
- Develop your competencies and level of expertise by a continuous and ongoing progression and active participation in training sessions
- Acquire the fundamentals of the consulting role with regard to analytical capacity, ability to see the overall picture, both written and oral expression
- You are recognised by the client as being professional in your own area of expertise.
- Demonstrate your capability to work in a team and portray a positive attitude
- Respect the confidentiality of both client and company information
- You are recognised as being trustworthy by your project leader or client: precision of information, respect of the commitments, quality of the work, respect the deadlines, adequate reporting, ...
- Capitalise on the experience acquired within the Practice
- Utilise or learn the tools or methodologies of the Practice and actively contribute to the development of these tools and methodologies
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Good understanding of Data Privacy and GDPR
- University Degree Qualified or equivalent work experience
- GDPR/DPO exam from IAPP, DPI, PECB, ITGovernance or Solvay Business School is recommended
- 5 Years’ Professional Experience, minimum 2 demonstrable in Information Security/Compliance
- Good understanding of ISO27000 standards and Information Risk Management methods
- Strong understanding of control standards and objectives
- Ability to write policies, processes, guidelines and procedures
- Ability to write technical specifications and procedures
- Ability to implement and monitor security processes and controls
- Knowledge of Network, Data, System and Application Security Architecture
- Knowledge of Data Protection technologies and how they link to Data Privacy
- Manage diverse workloads and prioritize accordingly
- Contributed in the implementation or operation of management systems
- Exposure to risk assessments as assessor or contributor
- Manage small to medium size projects preferably in ICT and information security
- Exposure toward middle to senior management (tactical)
- Exposure to security audit, as auditor, auditee, remediation owner
- Exposure to security incident response and crisis management
- Eager to learn, curious
- Think Risk
- Think out of the box, pragmatic
- Pro-active, anticipate changes and promotes innovative ideas.
- Ability to work in team environment, including virtual
- Analytical skills
- Ethical behaviour
- Excellent communication and presentation (oral and written)
- Uncompromising integrity
To well-qualified and motivated candidates, we offer:
- An opportunity to develop functional and technical skills and expertise in an area of specialization such as secure development, software security, etc.
- A unique chance to be a real active part in the development of a successful company (entrepreneurial mind-set)
- A positive challenge in a professional but still human and dynamic business environment
- An attractive and performance-rewarding compensation package, including maximum benefit possibilities
- The advantages of a relatively small structure in terms of direct communication, flexibility, dynamism and fast decision-making, combined with the financial strength and stability of larger structures, active worldwide, thanks to our solid shareholders' base
- Our headquarters is located in a traffic jam free zone: AXIS PARC next to Louvain-la-Neuve, in an innovative and green Business Centre with all facilities: restaurants, fitness, nursery, etc.
- Our office in Antwerp is located in the city centre, next to the Museum aan de stroom, with a fine view over the River Scheldt.
Our people & practices
Our team is composed of 60+ certified professionals. We continuously invest in our talents and develop the skills of our people. Our people use the best technologies to be even more effective.
At APPROACH, we organize and share our expertise and knowledge per communities. Depending on your profile, you will contribute to one or several “Practices”: Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC), Cyber-Security and Secure Delivery.
Learn more about our expertise and people