You are here
Comply with the GDPR regulation with our certified DPO services
Why a Data Protection Officer (DPO) service?
Not all companies need to appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO). Pursuant the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), applicable since 25 May 2018, you must appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO) in specific cases:
- you are a public authority
- your core activities require large scale, regular and systematic monitoring of individuals (for example, online behaviour tracking), or
- your core activities consist of large scale processing of special categories of data or data relating to criminal convictions and offences
Our DPO aaS service, acting as your external DPO
We recognize that quite a number of companies that have to appoint a DPO do not have the competencies and/or the budget in house. In addition, a DPO must have an autonomous and independent role within an organization. We have accordingly developed our DPO as a Service (DPO aaS) concept: a flexible service that allows you to flex up and down this role in accordance with your needs.
Our service will address the following tasks, as required by the GDPR:
- Provide overall advice on data protection
- Participate in the development of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) and supervise their implementation
- Monitor compliance with the GDPR
- Train your employees in the subject through awareness sessions
- Be the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for the Data Protection Authority (DPA) for your organization
- Consult the DPA, when required
Our team of experienced and certified DPO professionals at your service, onsite and/or virtually
At Approach, we have a robust team of multilingual certified DPO’s, with additional levels of certification (ISO 27001, …) and expertise. Although they must have an autonomous and independent role, they are all experienced and used to working with organizations in both the private and public sector.
This allows us to align our services to your objectives and requirements:
- We look at the best fit profile for your organization
- We may foresee service levels (back-ups)
- We flex our services up and down in accordance with your needs
- We provide our services onsite and/or remotely
- We have experience in all of the defined DPO-tasks
What if you don’t need a DPO?
If you don’t need a DPO according to the GDPR, Approach can provide you with a Data Protection Director/Manager role through our Data Protection Management as a Service (DPM aaS) Services.
Publications & events
Namur Expo (1 day )
Approach at ICT Infrastructure Namur
Meet us during ICT Infrastructure Exhibition on May 31st.
Published on 06 March 2018
Why compliance monitoring is critical for your business?
With regulatory requirements continuously increasing, compliance and risk management should be a business process for all organisations.