You are here
DPO aaS service to comply with the GDPR regulation
Why a Data Protection Officer (DPO) service?
Not all companies need to appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO). Pursuant the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), applicable since 25 May 2018, you must appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO) in specific cases:
- you are a public authority
- your core activities require large scale, regular and systematic monitoring of individuals (for example, online behaviour tracking), or
- your core activities consist of large scale processing of special categories of data or data relating to criminal convictions and offences
Our DPO aaS service, acting as your external DPO
We recognize that quite a number of companies that have to appoint a DPO do not have the competencies and/or the budget in house. In addition, a DPO must have an autonomous and independent role within an organization. We have accordingly developed our DPO as a Service (DPO aaS) concept: a flexible service that allows you to flex up and down this role in accordance with your needs.
Our service will address the following tasks, as required by the GDPR:
- Provide overall advice on data protection
- Participate in the development of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) and supervise their implementation
- Monitor compliance with the GDPR
- Train your employees in the subject through awareness sessions
- Be the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for the Data Protection Authority (DPA) for your organization
- Consult the DPA, when required
Our team of experienced and certified DPO professionals at your service, onsite and/or virtually
At Approach, we have a robust team of multilingual certified DPO’s, with additional levels of certification (ISO 27001, …) and expertise. Although they must have an autonomous and independent role, they are all experienced and used to working with organizations in both the private and public sector.
This allows us to align our services to your objectives and requirements:
- We look at the best fit profile for your organization
- We may foresee service levels (back-ups)
- We flex our services up and down in accordance with your needs
- We provide our services onsite and/or remotely
- We have experience in all of the defined DPO-tasks
What if you don’t need a DPO?
If you don’t need a DPO according to the GDPR, Approach can provide you with a Data Protection Director/Manager role through our Data Protection Management as a Service (DPM aaS) Services.
"Approach helped us to define a very clear and structured roadmap for implementing our GDPR compliance programme. Approach came up with a pragmatic and straightforward methodology covering the full spectrum of the GDPR, complete with a properly controlled budget and timeline". Michel Ziegelshiffer, Risk and Compliance Director Volkswagen D'Ieteren Finance
“Edenred takes privacy of its customers and employees very seriously. In Approach we found an ideal partner to help us assess our maturity level against the General Data Protection Regulation, establish and drive a roadmap with the objective to meet our compliance obligations.” Koen Reyniers, COO BENELUX EDENRED
Publications & events
Mechelen - Lamot Congres (1 day )
Approach at the Belgian Cyber Security Convention
Our cyber-security experts will organise an interactive game "How I hacked a folder". Be one of the actor of this...
Namur Expo (1 day )
Approach at ICT Infrastructure Namur
Meet us during ICT Infrastructure Exhibition on May 31st.
Published on 06 March 2018
Why compliance monitoring is critical for your business?
With regulatory requirements continuously increasing, compliance and risk management should be a business process for all organisations.
Published on 28 September 2017
Europe actively looking at Data Protection
Read the interview of Laurent Deheyer and Michaël Raison in the Info Enterprendre magazine
Brussels Expo (2 days)
Approach at Infosecurity
Meet our experts to discuss about your cyber-security challenges and attend our session "the advent of mobile digital identity" at...
Published on 14 December 2017
Our approach and services to GDPR - brochure
Make sure you comply with the new GDPR by using our proven methodology! Download our brochure to learn more.
Published on 14 December 2017
Approach service offering and mission - brochure
We enable our customers to succeed by delivering state‑of‑the‑art solutions to cyber‑security challenges.