You are here
DPO as a Service to comply with the GDPR regulation
Why a Data Protection Officer (DPO) service?
Not all companies need to appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO). Pursuant the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), applicable since 25 May 2018, you must appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO) in specific cases:
- you are a public authority
- your core activities require large scale, regular and systematic monitoring of individuals (for example, online behaviour tracking), or
- your core activities consist of large scale processing of special categories of data or data relating to criminal convictions and offences
Our DPO aaS service, acting as your external DPO
We recognize that quite a number of companies that have to appoint a DPO do not have the competencies and/or the budget in house. In addition, a DPO must have an autonomous and independent role within an organization. We have accordingly developed our DPO as a Service (DPO aaS) concept: a flexible service that allows you to flex up and down this role in accordance with your needs.
Our service will address the following tasks, as required by the GDPR:
- Provide overall advice on data protection
- Participate in the development of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) and supervise their implementation
- Monitor compliance with the GDPR
- Train your employees in the subject through awareness sessions
- Be the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for the Data Protection Authority (DPA) for your organization
- Consult the DPA, when required
Our team of experienced and certified DPO professionals at your service, onsite and/or virtually
At Approach, we have a robust team of multilingual certified DPO’s, with additional levels of certification (ISO 27001, …) and expertise. Although they must have an autonomous and independent role, they are all experienced and used to working with organizations in both the private and public sector.
This allows us to align our services to your objectives and requirements:
- We look at the best fit profile for your organization
- We may foresee service levels (back-ups)
- We flex our services up and down in accordance with your needs
- We provide our services onsite and/or remotely
- We have experience in all of the defined DPO-tasks
What if you don’t need a DPO?
If you don’t need a DPO according to the GDPR, Approach can provide you with a Data Protection Director/Manager role through our Data Protection Management as a Service (DPM aaS) Services.
Published on 16 May 2019
Approach opens an office in Antwerp
In order to pursue its growth ambitions and become the Belgian reference in cyber security, Approach opens a second office...
Published on 05 April 2019
Get a grant for your IT security projects - Brussels-Capital Region
Since March 25, 2019, micro, small and medium-sized companies that have a headquarters in the Brussels-Capital Region can...
Published on 14 February 2019
Why should your organisation go for ISO 27001 certification?
Second chapter of our ISO 27001 story presented by our experts. Learn why obtaining the ISO 27001 certificate...
Published on 05 June 2018
Approach is recruiting IT Security experts
The Waldorado team from RTL TVI visited us to know more about our activites and the profiles we are recruiting. Watch...
Published on 06 March 2018
Why compliance monitoring is critical for your business?
With regulatory requirements continuously increasing, compliance and risk management should be a business process for all...
Published on 28 September 2017
Europe actively looking at Data Protection
Read the interview of Laurent Deheyer and Michaël Raison in the Info Enterprendre magazine
Published on 14 December 2017
Our approach and services to GDPR - brochure
Make sure you comply with the new GDPR by using our proven methodology! Download our brochure to learn more.
Approach office in Antwerp (3 hours )
ISO 27001 session: Why now? How to succeed?
Approach & ISACA Belgium will organise a session dedicated to ISO 27001 on September 26th in Antwerp.