You are here
Cyber Security Director (Antwerp)
Do you want to give a boost to your career and join a Belgian scale-up in cyber-security?
Our company is growing and we are looking to expand our activities in Flanders and abroad.
Approach is a specialized cyber security company. We build digital trust for your business.
Leveraging a large pool of certified professionals, we strengthen your cyber security and resilience posture, by adopting a risk-based and layered security strategy. We offer solutions covering a large range of needs, from strategy and governance, through to resilient implementations for your data, applications and infrastructures. Consulting, assessment, software development, security product integration and managed security services are part of our daily work.
Our anchoring in the cyber security community, with security technology partners, regulatory bodies, associations and universities makes us a leading partner of choice.
Approach is certified ISO/IEC 27001, a demonstration of our strong commitment to protect our customer’s data.
Founded in 2001, Approach is growing fast and counts 70+ people across two locations in Belgium.
Approach is privately held and has access to strong capital base. Michel Akkermans, through his investment company Pamica NV, is Executive Chairman and reference shareholder of Approach. Michel is a serial entrepreneur, private investor, adviser and board member, serving on the boards of public and private companies and private equity funds.
Based upon an impressive track record of successful missions and solid growth, APPROACH is now further developing its activities in Flanders from its brand-new office in Antwerp and by extension to the Netherlands.
We are looking for a Senior Executive, passionate and experienced in the area of Cyber Security, to lead and support our growth from this new strategic location.
You will work in close collaboration with our clients at CxO level and will help them improving their cyber security, operating primarily through the analysis of their risks and needs and coming up with proposition for relevant services and solutions from our portfolio. You will be supervising the service delivery with the support of your consultants, our competence centers (three practices: GRC, Cyber-Security and Secure Delivery) and the back-office at our headquarter.
In addition to managing the Antwerp office, you will take a leadership (ExCo) position in our Cyber Security company (one of the largest and most versatile security team in Belgium) and will build and manage a team of Consultants and will be in charge of your own P&L.
You are directly assisted by an Operations Officer, who is already in place, for Sales & Marketing support, as well as supporting the day-to-day operations and logistics at the Antwerp office.
Our local facilities and IT are fully operational in Antwerp. APPROACH brings high-quality consultants, solid partners, many project references and success stories, established customer relationships and a solid reputation on the Flemish and national Market.
We are looking for a dynamic executive with an entrepreneur mindset and strong business acumen who is able to federate a whole team of consultants and clients with him.
- Be recognized internally and externally as the reference person for this new office;
- Plan the objectives and strategy for the office;
- Establish and execute the Business Plan for the office;
- Evaluate and recruit the necessary resources;
- Play a major role in the expansion of our market footprint in Flanders and beyond;
- Contribute in the Marketing plan, through use of the social medias, the organisation and animation of local forums/seminars and Groups of Interest;Play a major role in the identification of leads, prospects and opportunities;
- Convert opportunities into deals: qualification, proposal, contract negotiation;
- Ensure the personal development of the Consultants in Antwerp and guarantee the development of their competencies;
- Anticipate, confirm or cancel, as the case may be, the staffing planning as accurately as possible and as early as possible to enable optimisation of the resources;
- Contribute in career development procedures and performance evaluations;
- Continue to develop his/her own competencies and level of expertise in the area of Cyber-Security;
- Ensure the financial results of the Antwerp office according to the budget.
Required qualifications & experience
- Trilingual Dutch, English and French;
- Minimum 10 years of cumulated experience in a Consulting position: Cyber-Security, Management Consulting and/or IT Management & Governance;
- Professional certifications in Cyber-Security are a plus: CGEIT, ISO27001, CRISC, CISM, CISA, CISSP, GRCP or equivalent;
- Knowledge of IT standards and best practices is a plus: COBIT, ISO, ITIL, PMI, Prince2, Agile, etc;
- Good knowledge of the regulatory requirements and legal frameworks applicable to IT organizations;
- Ability to understand technical security issues and solutions at a high-level;
- Excellent team builder and team player;
- Natural leadership;
- Entrepreneur minded and hands-on attitude;
- Ability to work autonomously in a very dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types;
- The level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Master degree.
APPROACH has two locations:
- Axis Parc (Louvain-la-Neuve) features a conference centre and a wide range of amenities: restaurants, fitness centre, childcare nursery ... And is located in an area without traffic congestion!
- Our office in Antwerp is located in Eilandje, next to the Museum aan de stroom, with a fine view over the River Scheldt.
This position requires (almost) full-time presence in the Antwerp office with regular meetings outside (customers and Louvain-la-Neuve).
Why joining us
The best moment to join us
By joining APPROACH, you will have the advantages of working in a human-scale company in terms of direct communication, dynamism and fast decision-making, combined with the financial strength and stability of global structures. APPROACH has the ambition to grow fast and go international.
Our unique projects
This context will give you the opportunity to work on the most innovative and challenging projects. As an example, amongst many others, we are very proud to be a major actor in the development of the “Itsme©” mobile app, the new Belgian mobile ID to log in securely, to share your ID data or to sign by using your mobile phone.
A leader in the cyber security
The diversity of our customer base ranges gives us the opportunity to offer to our consultants multiple projects in accordance with their background, goals and interests. Our sustainable growth and our leading position also offer great internal career opportunities.
Your compensation package
We offer an attractive and stimulating performance-based package, including several benefits and company car depending on the contract type.
Upon successful results, a Warrant Plan will also be proposed for this position.
How to apply
Interested? Please send your CV or contact details to email@example.com and we will get back to you within 7 working days.