You are here
Do you want to give a boost to your career and join a Belgian leader in cybersecurity?
Our team is expanding, and we are looking for new colleagues to strengthen our teams.
Approach is a specialized cybersecurity company. We build digital trust in your business.
Leveraging a large pool of certified professionals, we strengthen your cybersecurity and resilience posture by adopting a risk-based and layered security strategy.
Consulting, assessment, software development, security product integration, and managed services are part of our daily work.
Our anchoring in the cybersecurity community, with our partners, makes us a leading partner of choice.
Founded in 2001, Approach is growing fast and counts 80 people across two locations in Belgium.
We are looking for a Cybersecurity Engineer to join our cybersecurity department. You will take part in stimulating assignments, and your missions will consist of:
- Be an integral part of our cybersecurity solution for our customers
- Participate in cybersecurity integration projects
- Implement protective, detective, and response technologies from our partners
- Define and submit security configuration and operations standards for security systems and applications, including policy assessment and compliance tools.
- Develop and propose baseline security configurations for operating systems, applications, networking, and communications equipment.
- Design and implement technical security mechanisms and technologies.
- Perform technical security audits.
By joining this project, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop your competencies and level of expertise by a continuous and ongoing progression and active participation in training sessions
- Further develop your consulting role regarding analytical capacity, see the overall picture, and communicate with various stakeholders, including customers.
- You are recognized by the client as being professional in your area of expertise.
- Demonstrate your capability to work in a team and portray a positive attitude.
- Respect the confidentiality of both client and company information.
- To be recognized as being trustworthy by your project leader or client: the precision of the information, respect of the commitments, quality of the work, respect the deadlines, adequate reporting, ...
- Capitalize on the experience acquired within the Practice.
- Utilize or learn the tools or methodologies of the Practice and actively contribute to developing these tools and methodologies.
- At least a Bachelor degree in IT
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in IT Security
Advanced knowledge in the following domains is required:
- Good practices in the secure configuration of servers, network devices and applications.
- Networking protocols and application communications.
- Network segmentation, Mail Security, Web Application Firewall,
- Linux and Windows operating Systems hardening.
- Cloud (Azure, M365) configuration
- DevSecOps (Containerization)
- Middleware and applications hardening.
- Vulnerability assessment tools
- Hardening frameworks such as CIS
Good knowledge of the following security technologies is required:
- Microsoft Azure, Defender ATP/Defender for Endpoints, and Sentinel
- KQL language
- Other SIEM technologies such as Splunk or ElasticSearch
- Vulnerability scanner: Tenable, Nessus, Qualys …
- Hardening and compliance tool: QS solutions CSAT, Microsoft Security Toolkit, OpenSCAP…
- Security-focused Group Policies and Active Directory
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Microsoft SCCM, Intunes, Autopilot
- Virtualization solutions (VMWare, VirtualBox, XenApps, HyperV...)
- PKI solution
- Antivirus and EDR solutions
Considered as a plus:
- Certifications such as:
- MS-500, AZ-500
- CISSP, CCSP
- Vectra Cognito
- SANS cloud security, cyber defense operations
Why join us?
The best moment to join us
By joining APPROACH, you will have the advantages of working in a human-scale company in terms of direct communication, dynamism, and fast decision-making, combined with global structures' financial strength and stability.
Our unique projects
This context will allow you to work on the most innovative and challenging projects. As an example, amongst many others, we are very proud to be a major actor in the development of the “Itsme©” mobile app, the new Belgian mobile ID to log in securely, to share your ID data, or to sign by using your mobile phone.
A leader in the cybersecurity
The diversity of our customer base ranges allows us to offer our consultants' multiple projects according to their background, goals, and interests. Our sustainable growth and our leading position also offer great internal career opportunities.
A Competence Centre of excellence: our training and certifications
And last but not least, you will be a member of our competence center in cybersecurity. At APPROACH, we don't view certifications as a marketing artefact. We are continuously investing in our talents and developing the skills of our people. Our consultants are all certified professionals who aim to build their knowledge continuously.
APPROACH has two locations:
- AXIS PARC (Louvain-la-Neuve) features a conference center and a wide range of amenities: restaurants, fitness center, childcare nursery ... And is located in a traffic jam zone free!
- Our Antwerp's office is in the city center, next to the Museum aan de stroom, with a fine view of the River Scheldt.
We offer an attractive and performance-rewarding compensation package, including maximum benefit possibilities and a company car to every employee.
How to apply
Interested? Please send your CV or contact details to email@example.com, and we will get back to you within seven working days.
Do not hesitate to apply spontaneously or to contact us. We are happy to grab a coffee to discuss your career goals and APPROACH.