You are here
Cyber Security Analyst
The best way to a great career in Cyber Security
Do you want to give a boost to your career and join a Belgian leader in cyber-security?
Our team is expanding and we are looking for new colleagues.
Today’s organizations are exposed to a broad spectrum of cyber threats and sophisticated attacks. They need to be well prepared to protect their critical information and assets while retaining their ability to innovate and grow.
APPROACH is a leading provider of cyber security consulting and secure application development services in Belgium. We are uniquely positioned to offer the complete value proposition in security thanks to our three departments: “Governance, Risk & Compliance” (GRC), Cyber Security and Secure Delivery.
Our team includes more than 60 employees and partners whose engagement offers our customers a superior and secure experience. In 2018, APPROACH has continued its growing path and has generated a revenue of €7.1M
Why joining us
The best moment to join us
By joining APPROACH, you will have the advantages of working in a human-scale company in terms of direct communication, dynamism and fast decision-making, combined with the financial strength and stability of global structures.
Our unique projects
This context will give you the opportunity to work on the most innovative and challenging projects. As an example, amongst many others, we are very proud to be a major actor in the development of the “Itsme©” mobile app, the new Belgian mobile ID to log in securely, to share your ID data or to sign by using your mobile phone.
A leader in the cyber security
The diversity of our customer base ranges gives us the opportunity to offer to our consultants multiple projects in accordance with their background, goals and interests. Our sustainable growth and our leading position also offer great internal career opportunities.
A Competence Centre of excellence: our trainings and certifications
And last but not least, you will be a member of our competence centre in cyber security. At APPROACH, we don't view certifications as a marketing artefact. We are continuously investing in our talents and developing the skills of our people. Our consultants are all certified professionals who aim to continuously develop their knowledge.
We are looking for a SOC ANALYST to integrate our Cyber-Security department. You will take part in stimulating consulting assignments and your main mission will consist of:
- Define and submit security configuration and operations standards for security systems and applications, including policy assessment and compliance tools.
- Develop and propose baseline security configurations for operating systems, applications, networking and communications equipment.
- Define and propose detailed security architecture.
- Design and implement technical security mechanisms and technologies.
- Perform technical security audits.
- Perform log analysis and security monitoring.
By joining this project, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop your competencies and level of expertise by a continuous and ongoing progression and active participation in training sessions
- Acquire the fundamentals of the consulting role regarding analytical capacity, ability to see the overall picture, both written and oral expression.
- You are recognised by the client as being professional in your own area of expertise.
- Demonstrate your capability to work in a team and portray a positive attitude.
- Respect the confidentiality of both client and company information.
- You are recognised as being trustworthy by your project leader or client: precision of information, respect of the commitments, quality of the work, respect the deadlines, adequate reporting, ...
- Capitalise on the experience acquired within the Practice.
- Utilise or learn the tools or methodologies of the Practice and actively contribute to the development of these tools and methodologies.
You have :
- At least a Bachelor degree in IT
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in IT Security
Advanced knowledge in following domains is required:
- Security best practice references like ISO 27001/27002, NIST, etc.
- Security risk management methods and tools like EAR/PILAR, CRAMM or EBIOS.
- Good practice in the secure configuration of servers, network devices and applications.
- Networking protocols and application communications.
- Network analysis tools.
- Linux and Windows operating Systems hardening.
- Middleware and applications hardening.
- Vulnerability assessments.
Good knowledge of the following security technologies is required:
- SIEM, Firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, security information and event management, identity and access management, Advanced Persistent Threat detection, data loss prevention, vulnerability analysis and mitigation, Public Key Infrastructure, mobile security, communications and data encryption, remote access methods, backup and disaster recovery methodologies, wireless protocols and services.
Considered as a plus :
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional with Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (CISSP-ISSAP).
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)
APPROACH has two locations :
- AXIS PARC (Louvain-la-Neuve) features a conference centre and a wide range of amenities: restaurants, fitness centre, childcare nursery ... And is located in a traffic jam zone free !
- Our office in Antwerp is in the city centre, next to the Museum aan de stroom, with a fine view over the River Scheldt.
In those two locations, we perform our trainings and we work on our internal projects. When needed, our experts also work directly at our client to support them onsite. In this context, we cover the whole country with projects in Walloon Brabant, Liège, Namur, Brussels, Flemish Brabant, Antwerp, Ghent, Leuven and many other places in Belgium.
Therefore, should you be interested by external assignments, we will do our best so you can join one of our teams based in your preferred location.
We offer an attractive and performance-rewarding compensation package, including maximum benefit possibilities and a company car to every employee.
How to apply
Interested? Please send your CV or contact details to email@example.com and we will get back to you within 7 working days.
Do not hesitate to apply spontaneously or to contact us. We are happy to grab a coffee just to discuss about your career goals and APPROACH.